Chemical reaction causes kitchen towels to catch fire in Burnham

Fire fighters attend fire in Langley flat

Firefighters attended a small kitchen fire in Burnham this morning (Tuesday) after a chemical reaction caused some tea towels to catch alight.

Crews were called to a property in Lent Rise Road at about 1.40am.

The occupant had washed some greasy kitchen towels with an unspecified cleaning detergent.

The towels were tightly folded up and crews believe they self-ignited following a chemical reaction between the grease and the detergent.

The blaze caused heavy smoke logging but there was no significant fire damage.

Nobody was injured.  

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Editor's Picks

Most read

Top Articles

Petrol panic: Where to get your fuel

Petrol panic: Where to get your fuel

More petrol stations across the area have announced that they have either run out of fuel or are running low. Drivers are flocking to garages in Maidenhead, Slough and Windsor, fearing a possible
LIVE: GCSE results day

LIVE: GCSE results day

Thousands of young people across the area are collecting their GCSE results this morning. We'll be bringing you live updates throughout the morning.

1 comment