01:42AM, Tuesday 08 April 2014
Trainee design engineer, Jake Herring, 19, died suddenly on March 30, 2009 at work at Grundfos Pumps Ltd in Fairacres Industrial Estate, Dedworth Road, Windsor.
The jury and Berkshire coroner Peter Bedford heard witnesses and evidence collected during the past four years.
They heard Jake was testing control panels that were connected to live electricity when he cried out and fell at about 2pm.
His colleagues ran to his aid while he was unconscious, recognising that he may have had an electric shock.
Jake regained consciousness and stood up unaided before walking outside of his own volition.
However, he fell unconscious and he was not able to be revived despite his colleagues giving him CPR.
He was transferred to Wexham Park Hospital by the South Central Ambulance Service but did not regain consciousness and was pronounced dead at 3:08pm.
A post mortem concluded his death was the result of electrocution.
The inquest heard evidence from witnesses who were working at Grundfos that day, who said they thought Jake should have been working with or supervised by someone at the time of the accident.
"I believe due to age and lack of experience he should have never done this kind of work without supervision," said Alfonso Greco, who worked as a wire man.
Jake had moved from the family home he shared with his mum and her partner in Lent Green Lane, Burnham to Pevensey Road, Slough, just months before he died.
He had three brothers and three sisters and was a keen footballer as a boy and had played for Burnham FC.
The inquest is scheduled to run until Wednesday, April 16, at Windsor Guildhall.
The inquest continues.
Visitors to Burnham Park Hall on Monday May 16 can undergo a ‘living with dementia experience’ as part of National Dementia Action Week.